The Wyze app for Pc is for you as a security guard at your home when you are out and about. You can monitor your home via your smartphone. This cam app is available directly for smartphones. However, you need to use the emulator for the Wyze app for PC. In this article, we will show you how to download and use the Wyze app.
What Is Wyze app for pc
The Wyze Cam app is a tool for managing your Wyze Cam, which you can control at your fingertips. You can also use this app on your Windows laptop or PC. This is a great app to take care of the inside and outside of your home. It can control other smart home devices in your home besides the camera. Download the Wyze app to your Windows PC to control your home remotely.
- 1 What Is Wyze app for pc
- 1.1 Features of Wyze app for pc
- 1.2 Basic Information
- 1.3 How to Download on Android
- 1.4 How to Download Wyze Cam app for Windows
- 1.5 How to Setup Wyze Cam for PC
- 1.6 How to set up a Detection Zone
- 2 Alternatives
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
Features of Wyze app for pc
Symmetry, asymmetric encryption and 128-bit encryption systems are used to secure all live streams of your camera.
You can watch your home live stream 360p, SD or HD from a distance.
There is a night vision system for night security. The Wyze Cam has an infrared LED light and an infrared light filter through which you can watch a live stream even at night.
The camera has a microphone to hear sound. During the live stream, you can hear the sound by clicking the sound button on the screen.
You can record video with your camera. During the live stream you start the record by turning on the record button to record and stop to finish the record. Your recorded videos are stored on your device. You can view it when you need it, or send it to someone and share it if you need it.
You can take photos of any place, person or object from the video captured on your camera. Photos will be saved in your app’s album. You can send or share the photos later.
You can talk to your favorite pet dog or to someone at home. You can turn on the sound feature to listen to it.
You can turn on the notification option to get notifications.
- Last updated: April 23, 2020
- Price: Free
- Size: Varies with Platforms
- Category: Lifestyle
- Platforms: Android, iOS, Windows, macOS
- Developer: Wyze Labs, Inc.
How to Download on Android
- Launch Playstore on your device.
- Search by typing Wyze Cam app in the Play Store.
- Then, click the Install button to install the Wyze Cam app.
- Once the installation is complete, set up your home cameras on your device.
How to Download Wyze Cam app for Windows
You need to use an Android emulator to download the Wyze app on your Windows PC. I use Bluestacks Emulator, I would suggest you to use Bluestacks Emulator.
- If you do not have Bluestacks Emulator on your PC, download Bluestacks from their official site.
- Then, install it.
- When the installation is complete, open it.
- Launch Playstore on its screen.
- Search by typing Wyze Cam app in the Play Store.
- Then click the install button to install it.
How to Setup Wyze Cam for PC
First you need to install the Wyze on your device.
- Once installed, create an account with your email address and password.
- Then, activate the WIFI connection on your device.
- Connect the USB cable and adapter to the device you want to set up.
- Then, click the “+ New Device” button in the app. And select Wyze Cam.
- Click the setup button to hear a beep and see the text “Ready to Connect”.
- Then click the “Next” button.
- Enter your username and password on your WIFI network.
- You will see a QR code in your app. Hold the QR code in front of your camera lens. After scanning the camera code, you will hear “QR code scanned, please wait”.
- Then, click (I heard “QR code scanned, please wait”) button.
- Then, Wyze Cam setup will be completed.
How to set up a Detection Zone
Using the Detection Zone option, you can set Motion Detection for a specific Zone under your camera.
- Open the app on your device. Go to the live streaming of the camera that you want to set the motion detection for the specific zone.
- Then go to settings.
- Go to Detection Settings and turn on Detection Zone.
- Once the Detection Zone is on, select your target area. It will be saved automatically.
You can use the nest as an alternative to Wyze Cam. Nest app for nest camera management. It has different types of cameras such as: Nest Cam IQ Indoor, Dropcam, Nest Cam IQ Outdoor, Nest Cam Indoor and Nest Cam Outdoor. From the outside of the home you can use the nest to keep an eye on the inside or outside of your home.
You can get alerts while sitting in your workplace and talk to people at home through the camera microphone. Back home you will see videos from your camera. It provides you with 1080p HD video. This app is free for you.
You can use Arlo as an alternative even if you don’t get services like Wyze Cam app for Windows. This is the first cable-free camera. There is an Arlo app for managing Arlo cameras. This is considered to be the first weatherproof 4K UHD camera. Like other smart cameras, it monitors your home. You can easily connect it to your device.
Streaming live video from home while sitting in the office and watch recorded videos at any time. Add and remove devices remotely and receive the necessary warnings, on the basis of which you can take immediate action. Get the Arlo app for free to manage Arlo camera devices.
The canary is a means of making your seating safety easier. You can monitor your home by connecting your device with the Canary app. It records 24 hours HD video day and night. You can watch a live video through it. Open the app and access its timeline to keep an eye on the inside and outside of your home.
You can save or bookmark the videos you need. Sends you notifications when you see something unusual. Automatically changes mode when you leave or enter the home. And there is no complicated code for this. You can schedule before going to bed at night.
How to turn on or off a live stream on Wyze Cam?
- Launch the Wyze Cam app on your device.
- Enter the camera’s Home tab and go to Live Stream.
- Click the “More” button.
- Turn on to turn on the live stream.
How do I get a device notification?
- Enter the Home tab of the camera.
- Go to camera settings by clicking the settings icon.
- Then, click the Notifications tab.
- Turn the toggle on or off to turn on or off notifications.
How does Wyze Cam detect sound and motion?
When your Wyze Cam app for Windows detects a motion or sound, you can record it for 12 seconds. You can turn on or off sound and motion detectors.
- Enter the camera’s Home tab and select the desired camera.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Select the Event Recording tab
- Now you can turn on or off sound and motion detectors as you wish.
The Wyze app for pc is small in size despite being expensive and its features are attractive. You must pay a little more to get good service. If you want to get good service then I would suggest you to use Wyze Cam. And if you want to reduce the cost, you can try any of the above alternatives.
You Can Read Also: XMEye for PC