If you are a Mac PC user, sometimes a question arises in your mind, and that is How to Download iOS Apps on Mac OS PC. We have discussed here three methods through which you can download iOS apps on your Mac PC.
- 1 Method-1: Using Mac App Store
- 2 Method-2: Using iTunes
- 3 Method-3: Using Emulators
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Conclusion
Method-1: Using Mac App Store
To Download iOS Apps on Mac OS PC, our 1st method is to use the Mac App Store. You can easily download apps or games from the Mac App Store to Mac PC. Like iPhone, iPad and iTunes, you have to log in to use Mac App Store.
What Is The Mac App Store
The App Store for iOS is the same as the Mac App Store for macOS. It supports Mac OS X Snow Leopard and later.
You can easily use the Mac App Store on your Mac PC. For this, you first need to install it on your PC. To install, click on the Apple icon on the screen. Then, a pop-up will appear on the screen. Click the install button of that pop-up. When the installation is complete, you need to restart your PC. You will see the Mac App Store on the screen of your PC.
How To Download Apps Using The Mac App Store
Follow the instructions below to download apps for your Mac PC using the Mac App Store app.
- Open the Mac App Store app on your PC.
- Find the app you want to download to your PC. By clicking on any of the tabs on the left side of the store you will see different categories and featured apps.
- When you find the app you are looking for, select it. When the app is free, click on the “Get” button. And when paid, click on the “price” button. Clicking on the “Get” button will prompt you to install it. You click Install. Clicking on the “price” button will take you to the Buy App.
- If you haven’t signed in yet, enter your Apple ID and password.
- Then, the app will start downloading. Once downloaded, you will see the app in the download folder or in the Launchpad app.
Method-2: Using iTunes
To Download iOS Apps on Mac OS PC, our 2nd method is to use the iTunes. Although the system for downloading and installing apps on Mac PC using iTunes was turned off, the system was re-launched after 2017 at the request of Mac users. But the Mac PC has been updated several times. You can download and install apps using older versions of iTunes on your Mac and 32-bit or 64-bit Windows PCs.
What Is The iTunes
iTunes was developed by Apple Inc in 2001. It is a media library and player, broadcaster, management utility. It has stores where there are iTunes apps for your PC. You can purchase and download apps, songs, games on your Mac or Windows PC. This is a freeware tool.
How To Download Apps Using The iTunes
To download apps on PC using iTunes:
- Download and install the old version of iTunes.
- When the installation is complete, open it and log in using the Apple ID that used on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then, click iTunes Store. The music category is usually available at the beginning of the store.
- Go to the drop-down menu and select the App Store.
- Search the same way you search for apps on your iPhone or iPad. New and popular apps or games are usually available on the first page.
- Click the app or game you expect.
- Click the price button to purchase and click the Get button to download free apps or games.
- Purchasing paid apps or games will be downloaded automatically.
Method-3: Using Emulators
To Download iOS Apps on Mac OS PC, our 3rd method is to use an emulator.
What Is An Emulator
When using a PC, we mean an emulator, is a tool or app that provides a hardware copy of a smartphone to a PC. Downloading these tools or apps means a smartphone inside your PC. You need to have Perfect Requirements on your PC to use such tools. Otherwise, you will not be able to download it to your PC or even if you can download your PC will be very slow or will create various problems.
How To Download Apps Using An Emulator
- Download an emulator that is suitable for your PC.
- Open the emulator.
- Enter your email ID and password. (Some emulators after opening, some emulators when opening the App Store.)
- Open the App Store on the home screen of the emulator.
- Type the name of the app or game that you want to download and press Enter.
- Then, click the “Get” button. The app will start installing.
- When the installation is complete, an icon will appear on your PC screen and another icon will appear on the emulator screen.
Two Most Popular
These two emulators support Windows and Mac platforms.
How do I view updated apps in my Mac PC’s Mac App Store?
If you have downloaded the Mac App Store on your Mac PC, you can easily see the updated apps. If you keep automatic updates turned on, you will see updated apps every day. And if you are not satisfied with this, you can check the updated apps manually. You can follow our instructions below to check manually.
- Open the Mac App Store.
- Click Updates from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- If you want to update an app, click the update button next to the app. Otherwise, click Update All to update all apps.
How do I view downloaded apps on my Mac PC?
To see the apps downloaded on your Mac PC:
- Open the Mac App Store.
- Click on your profile image in the store window.
- Scroll down to see apps downloaded to your Mac PC. You will also see your purchased apps there.
How do I hide my purchased apps or games from my family members or friends?
- Open the Mac App Store on your Mac PC.
- Click your profile image in the store window.
- Crawl down, place your mouse cursor over the app or game you want to hide.
- Click on the More button (three dots in a circle).
- You will see a menu, click Hide Purchase.
- To confirm, click Hide Purchase again.
- If you want to unhide then go to the account info page.
Can I transfer apps from my PC to iPad or iPhone?
Yes, you can transfer apps from your PC to the iPad or iPhone. For this, you follow the instructions below.
- Plug the iPad or iPhone into your PC.
- Next, sync the device.
- To transfer quickly you select to sync only apps.
- If you haven’t downloaded the App Store on your iPad or iPhone, download it.
- Open the store.
- Select the previously purchased tab. Here you can see all the recent work done on your PC and purchased apps.
- Click the Cloud button next to the app you want to transfer. The app will start downloading and you don’t have to pay for it.
Please use our comment box to know about the solutions we have given or to give any suggestions in answer to the question “How to Download iOS Apps on mac OS PC”. We will definitely accept your advice if it is justified. And we will try our best to solve your question.