If you are a Windows PC user, when you want to download an Apk file of an app or game, a question arises in your mind, and that is How to Download Apk File in PC Windows. We have discussed here Two methods through which you can Download Apk File in PC Windows.
What Is Apk File
The full version of an APK is an Android Package Kit. This is a file format used by the Android operating system. This format is used to install apps on Android phones. A .exe file for Windows as well as an APK file for Android.
If you download an app or game from your Android Play Store, you will not see the APK at the end of the file name. If you download an APK file to your phone, download an app. When you do not find an app in the Play Store, you have to access the APK file.
Method-1: Using An Android Emulator
What Is An Android Emulator
You can call an Android emulator as a tool, program or software. An emulator creates an Android device on your PC where the device’s software and hardware are available. This allows you to download and use apps just like the phone.
It acts as one more operating system inside your PC’s operating system. An emulator translates Application Binary Interface (ABI) to Android devices compatible with your PC. Emulators are usually developed by app developers for their apps.
How To Download Apk File On PC Using An Android Emulator
There are several advanced level Windows emulators in the emulator market. For example, Bluestacks, Nox App Player, MEmo Player, LD Player, etc. However, the process of downloading APK files using most emulators is almost the same. Follow the steps below to download APK file using Emulator.
- Download the emulator from the website of the emulator you want to download to your PC. Here I will show you how to download APK file using Bluestacks.
- Then, go to the download folder and open the .exe file of the emulator. And follow the next instructions to install. When the installation is complete, an icon will appear on your PC screen.
- Then, download the APK file you want to download to your PC.
- Open the emulator. If required, enter your email ID and password.
- Click on the Personalize menu.
- Select Install APK.
- The download folder of your PC will open. Select the APK file that you have downloaded and click the Open button. The file will take some time to install.
- When the installation is complete, you will see the icon of the installed (APK file) app on the screen of your PC and on the screen of the emulator.
Are There Any Differences Between Android Emulator And Android Devices
Yes, there are several differences. Android Emulator is a virtual device and the Android device is a real device. To operate the emulator you need the help of a keyboard, mouse and gamepad. While you can enjoy all the features of an app on the device, you can’t use all the features in the emulator. While these are negative for emulators, there are also some positive differences.
Android Emulator means you can use the full screen of your PC as an Android screen. You don’t have to worry about battery charge. You can keep several tabs open at the same time. At the same time, you can run a few apps or play games.
Method-2: Using ARC Welder
If you want to install APK file on your PC without using the above method then ARC Welder is best for you.
What Is ARC Welder
ARC Welder is an app available in the Chrome Wave Store. You can install or use APK files by adding it to Chrome extension. This is the best way to install APK files using Chrome browser. Any of these extension apps can be used, just need to have Chrome browser.
- Go to Chrome’s web store. Search by typing ARC Welder in the search box.
- Then, click the “Add to Chrome” button.
How To Download Apk File Using ARC Welder
- Once added, click on the “Launch App” button.
- Click on the “Choose” button and select the folder in which you want to install the APK file.
- Select the APK file by clicking “Add Your APK”. The install will start automatically.
- When the installation is complete, you will see the app of the APK file that you have installed in that folder.
- Next, go to chrome://apps/ in your chrome browser to get the ARC Welder app.
You can install or use APK file on your PC using any of the above three methods. However, it would be best for you to use the third method. The first method will depend on the configuration of your PC. Turning on an emulator means turning on one more mini PC inside the PC.