HDMiniCam app is a surveillance app that allows you to watch live video from the camera with your smartphone. This app is not directly available for HDMiniCam for PC. This article lets you learn more about using and download the HDMiniCam app on your PC.
- 1 What Is HDMiniCam App
- 2 Features of HDMiniCam
- 3 Basic Information
- 4 How to Download HDMiniCam Software on Android
- 5 How to Download HDMiniCam Software on iOS
- 6 How to Download HDMiniCam Software on Windows
- 7 How to Download HDMiniCam Software on mac OS
- 8 HDMinicam App Functions and Uses
- 9 Similar Security Cam Apps
- 10 FAQs About HDMiniCam
- 11 Conclusion
What Is HDMiniCam App
You can easily use IP cameras using the HDminicam app on your smartphone or laptop PC. Those who want to use the camera at home for the first time will also be able to use it due to the simple network configuration. You can watch live video using your smartphone or laptop PC. If your cameras support microphones and speakers, you can use the app for two-way talking. It does real-time recording and you can playback if needed. You can take screenshots from the recorded video.
You can download the HDminicam app to your smartphone or laptop PC to increase the security of your home.
Features of HDMiniCam
While the HDMiniCam app is lightweight, it is a great surveillance app that you can use on your PC or smartphone to monitor your home or office, and important things. It also has some nice features that will make you interested in downloading the HDminicam app to your device.
Supports IP Cameras:
IP Camera means Internet Camera. It allows you to keep an eye on your home, office and important things. To capture the desired location or object, IP cameras have to be placed at a specific location. These cameras are easy to install. You can connect IP cameras with the HDminicam app using the address port name. No matter where you are, you can use the HDminicam app on your device to gain access to IP cameras.
Once the IP cameras are connected to your device’s HDMini Cam app, you can watch live videos. You can also record videos. You can keep an eye on the inside and outside of your home, your pets and the essentials in the home.
HDminicam brings you an easy-to-use interface. Through its interface you can control the network of IP cameras. You do not need the help of an expert because of the simple configuration.
This app supports two-way voice. If your IP cameras have built-in speakers and microphones or use speakers and microphones, you can use this app to listen and talk to your pets or people.
The Headminicam app supports screenshots. You can only send a screenshot to verify a scene without sending the full video. You can save important scenes from the videos with screenshots.
Recording and Playback:
You can record and save videos for later viewing. This allows you to stream live video.
Free to download
This app is totally free to download. But it has a pro version to get advanced features such as ad-free, 24/7 live recording and more.
- Last updated: April 6, 2020
- Price: Freemium
- Size: Varies with Platforms
- Category: Surveillance, Tools
- Platforms: Android, iOS, Windows, macOS
- Developer: gang.zhang
How to Download HDMiniCam Software on Android
- Open your Android device and run the Play Store.
- Type HDMinicam in the search box and press enter.
- Then, open the HDMinicam software page and click the “Install” button to install.
If this software is not available in Play Store, you can download its apk file. You can follow the procedure below to install APK file on your Android device.
- First, launch your device.
- Go to the settings option.
- Click Security and scroll down to the Device Administration section. Then, enable “Unknown Sources”.
- Or, go to Settings option and select Apps and Notifications.
- Select “Install Unknown Apps” or “Install Other Apps.”
- Then, open the device’s browser. Find a site that has the HDminicam APK file and you will see a link of the download file.
- A popup will appear when you save the file, except you.
- Also, “This type of file can harm your device” will appear. You click OK to continue the process.
- Then, go to the download folder. For this, you need to install the file explorer app on your device first.
- Click the APK file and Allow the required permissions. Then, click Install.
- You will see a confirmation notification when the app is installed. Now you will see the HDminicam app in the list of installed apps.
How to Download HDMiniCam Software on iOS
- Open your iOS device and run the App Store.
- Same as play Store type HDMinicam in the search box and press enter.
- Then, open the HDMinicam software page and click the “Install” button to run the installation process.
- It will take a few moments to complete the installation.
If this software is not available in App Store, you can not download its apk file. Because iOS don’t supports apk files.
How to Download HDMiniCam Software on Windows
This cam is directly available for smartphones but not for windows PC. To download HDMiniCam on windows, you need to use an android emulator such as Nox App Player. So, follow the below steps.
- Download and install the Nox App Player on your PC.
- Open Nox and launch the Play Store.
- Type HDMinicam in the search bar and press enter key.
- Open this app page and click the Install button to run the installation process.
If you want to install HDminicam APK file, then:
- First, open a site where the HDminicam APK file is available.
- Then, download the APK file.
- Open the emulator and import the apk download file from the PC.
- And then install this file.
You may also read: Nox App Player
How to Download HDMiniCam Software on mac OS
To download and use HDMiniCam on mac OS follow the below instructions.
- Download and install the bluestacks android emulator on your Mac PC.
- Open bluestacks and launch the App Store.
- Type HDMinicam in the search bar and press enter key.
- Open this app page.
- Click the Install button to install this cam app.
You may also read: Bluestacks Android Emulator
HDMinicam App Functions and Uses
You have two methods to play the recording video.
- View playback using APP on smartphone. Open the app and click “Recordings”, and then click “Camera”.
- View playback on PC. For this, take out the memory card from the device and insert it in the card reader. Connect the PC to the card reader and watch the video using the video player.
Alarm Config for Motion Detection
- Go to Settings and click on “Device Settings” or “Advance Config”.
- Click “Alarm Config” and set “Motion Detection Sensitivity”.
- Click “OK” button.
IR LED lights for Night Vision function
- Go to live.
- Click the “” icon to turn on the IR light while viewing live.
- Go to “IR-LED Config” to customize the IR-LED Config. Then, set the StartTime and EndTime.
- Click “OK” button.
NOTE: If you reset or restart the camera, you need to set up the IR LED settings again.
Indicator lights on / off
- Go live.
- Click on the “” icon to turn on the indicator lights.
Indicator lights will be on automatically when the camera is reset or restarted.
Set 4 cameras on HDMinicam App to view at the same time
- First, set the “Remote Access” option.
- Open the cam app. Click “” icon and then click “” icon to add cameras.
- Click “Cam” button. And then click Play icon.
Similar Security Cam Apps
If you do not want to use HDMinicam on your device, you can try the following options.
HD Camera for Android by Mobile_V5
This free cam app allows you to watch live video using all the benefits of your smartphone or tablet. You can easily view photos and videos using it very easily. Its various features prove that among many other cam apps, the HD Camera for Android cam app is able to meet all the needs of the user.
- It supports 3 modes, namely: camera, video recorder and panorama.
- Pinch allows zoom-in and zoom-out.
- It supports smart panorama shooting.
- Picture quality can be customized.
- Widescreen can be used for pictures.
- There is a Countdown Timer option.
- There is a great user interface for phones or tablets.
- It supports 5 types of white balance and 4 types of screen mode.
- There are many more features besides image editing.
Lexis Cam App by pamsys
You can convert your unused Android device into surveillance and live camera using the Lexis Cam app. This way you don’t have to spend extra money to buy security devices separately. Use your unused phone as a camera and use the phone you are currently using as a viewer. Videos can be sent to the DropBox server via the Internet and notifications can be sent to more than one device. You can watch recorded videos later. You can be alert if someone unexpectedly enters your home.
- Smart Viewer and Smart Camera.
- Motion detector.
- Timer function
- Supports Several cameras.
- Monitoring through 24/7 motion detection.
- Supports video transfer using WiFi and 3G / 4G LTE.
- No monthly fees.
IP Cam Viewer Lite by Robert Chou
You can use the IP Cam Viewer Lite app as an alternative to the HDminicam app to access and control IP cameras, DVR, NVR and webcam remotely. There are free and pro versions of this app.
- Supports more than 1600 types of cam devices.
- Supports many more Broad protocols, including RTSP, MMSH and ONVIF.
- Can import and export using Dropbox, Email or sdcard.
- Supports cross-platform for all smartphones. And many more features.
- Supports background audio and 2-way audio with many devices.
- Supports motion detection.
- 24/7 supports video recording of all cameras.
- Supports Android Wear as well as Chromecast.
FAQs About HDMiniCam
How to add cam using HDMiniCam app?
If you want to add a cam using HDMiniCam app, I suggest you charge the cam first. And you must turn off when charging. Insert a TF card into the camera. Then, turn on the camera. If you want to keep the camera on for a long time, keep it connected to the power supply. Wait 20/25 seconds for WIFI connection on camera. Then, connect WiFi with the device that you want to add with the camera.
Launch the app on the device and click the “+” button above. Then, click the “Add New Online Camera” button. Now the camera has been added to your device.
How do I control HDMiniCam remotely?
To control HDMiniCam remotely, you must first download and install the HDMiniCam app on the device. Then, open the WLAN of the device. Plug the cam into any socket that you want to control. Find and select the hotspot of the cam and then connect. Then, open the app on your device, click the gear icon and select the advanced setting option. To connect the cam with your home WiFi connection, configure WiFi and enter the correct password. Wait 2/3 minutes, the cam will reboot and you will see it online. Now you can control the cam from anywhere.
How to customize video record settings?
Go to the settings function of your device and click on the “Device Settings” option. (If you are using an Android phone, click “Advance Config”.)
Then, click on “SD Card Record Config” and set its functions as per your requirement.
There are three recording modes available in the camera, 1. On alarm, 2. All Day and 3. Timing record. Using “On alarm” mode, the camera detects movement and records alarm video. “All day” mode allows 24/7 video recording, the camera’s power cord must be plugged in, otherwise the camera will shut down and the battery may be damaged. And using the “Timing record” mode, you can record timed videos.
In this function, you will see three types of video resolutions, namely: 1080P, 640p, and 480p. The resolution of the live video is automatically selected based on the network service.
File length (minute) function
Using this function you can set the time length of video recording files. Supports up to a maximum of 60 minutes.
Record sound – on / off function
This function is used to record the sound of the video recording.
Loop recording – on / off function
This foundation is used when the memory card is full for video recording. When the function is turned on, it covers the previously recorded video and records the current video.
NOTE: Insert the memory card into your device before turning on the camera. If you insert the memory card, you will see its capacity. If you do not see the card, format it.
As we mentioned earlier, HDMiniCam for PC has free and pro versions. Naturally, you will get more features using the Pro version than the free one. I think this is one of the best in the world of surveillance cameras. Still, if you want to get the difference, I suggest you try the above options. Also, you can contact us to find out about HDMiniCam app or HDMiniCam device.
You may also read: Reolink App for PC